Chicken in Ginger and Soy Sauce
5.0 from 5 reviews
Author: Anita Jacobson
Categories: Main Dish
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces, or use 8 drumsticks
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 4 inches ginger, peeled and cut into match sticks
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallion, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- 1 bunch (~ 1 cup) cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoon kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet and stir fry ginger, garlic, scallion, and cilantro until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and stir fry until no longer pink.
- Add kecap manis, light soy sauce, sugar, and water and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add salt if needed, transfer to a serving plate, garnish with some chopped scallion, and serve with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.