Chicken with Lemongrass Broth
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 scallion (white part only), thinly sliced
- 8 lemongrass, bruised and knotted
- 1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 liter water
- 200 gram oyster mushroom (Indonesian: jamur tiram), slice/tear into thin strips
- 3 tomatoes, quartered and cut into small pieces
- Heat the cooking oil in a soup pot on high heat. Fry garlic, onion, scallion, and lemongrass until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink.
- Pour water and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes until chicken is fully cooked and tender.
- Add mushroom and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.