Chinese Ground Beef Meat Sauce
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 100 gram (~ 1 cup, or 1 small) onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 500 gram (~ 1 lb.) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant, and until onion is translucent.
- Add ground beef, stir to break up the beef, continue cooking until beef is no longer pink.
- Add hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, sesame oil, sugar, and ground pepper. Mix well and cook until almost dry, stir occasionally.
- Turn off heat, stir in scallion and sesame seeds.
- You can use this to top a bowl of rice to make meat sauce rice bowl. Or, you can boil some noodles/ramen and top the noodle with this meat sauce too.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.