Chinese Peanut Cookies
- 3 cup (450 gram) roasted peanuts, grind (*)
- 3 cup (360 gram) all-purpose flour
- 3 stick (1 1/2 cup, or 340 gram) butter, melted (**)
- 1 cup (120 gram) powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground peanut, flour, sugar, and salt. Mix well. Slowly pour melted butter into the dry ingredients and mix until it become a smooth dough.
- Pinch a small amount of dough (about 10 gram, or a heaping teaspoon), roll into a ball and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all dough is used up.
- To make the indentation in the cookies, I use the cap of a ballpoint.
- Brush the top of the cookies with egg yolk.
- Preheat oven to 170 Celcius (340 Fahrenheit), bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before storing.
- (*) To roast peanuts, preheat oven to to 180 Celcius (350 Fahrenheit), then spread the peanuts on a baking tray in one layer. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Then let the peanuts cooled completely before grinding.
- (**) Traditionally, 1 cup of lard is used instead of butter.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.