Chinese Sausage and Chicken in Soy Sauce
- 4 (200 gram / 7 oz) Chinese sausages (Chinese: 腊肠 - lap cheong)
- 8-10 dried (40 gram / 1.5 oz) dried shiitake mushrooms
- 5-6 (600 gram / 20 oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Sauce (mix the following ingredients)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup shiitake soaking liquid
- 3 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper/ground black pepper
- Prepare Chinese sausage: Steam Chinese sausages in a steamer over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Remove the sausages from the steamer and cut into thin slices diagonally.
- Prepare shiitake mushrooms: Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in cold water overnight until soft and rehydrated. Gently squeeze the soaked mushrooms. Use a sharp knife to cut and discard the stems, then cut the mushroom caps into thin slices. Reserve the soaking liquid for the sauce.
- Prepare the sauce: Mix 1⁄4 cup water, 1⁄4 cup shiitake soaking liquid, 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1 teaspoon ground white pepper.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add Chinese sausages and cook for 30 seconds, then add chicken and mushrooms and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Pour the sauce into the wok and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and the sauce has reduced.
- Turn off the heat and stir in half of the scallions and mix well.
- Transfer the dish to a serving plate. Garnish with the remaining scallions. Serve with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.