Chocolate Mochi Cake
- 1 cup mochiko (sweet rice flour)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate
- 1 can (12 ounce) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit (180 Celcius). Grease an 8" x 8" pan, set aside.
- Whisk together mochiko, sugar, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small sauce pot over low heat, then pour into a mixing bowl.
- Using a mixer on low speed, slowly add evaporated milk, vanilla extract, and egg into the butter and chocolate mixture.
- Again on low speed, slowly add the mochiko mixture. Stop mixing once the batter is smooth.
- Pour the cake batter into prepared pan, bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until the cake no longer jiggles.
- Remove from oven, let the cake cool completely in the pan. Slice into serving portions. Store leftovers at room temperature.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.