Chocolate Tofu Pudding
- 2 tablespoon water
- 5 gram gelatin
- 150 gram silken tofu (1/2 a block, typically)
- 5 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 5 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk (cow milk, soy milk, almond milk, oat milk, e.t.c.)
- Optional ingredients
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- freshly grated zest from 1 orange, or 1/2 teaspoon orange oil
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur, such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- Bloom gelatin. Pour water in a microwave-proof bowl, then sprinkle gelatin to bloom. Set aside.
- Mix espresso with milk. If you are adding instant espresso powder, heat the milk in a microwave-proof bowl, then stir in instant espresso powder until the powder dissolves. Set aside. By the way, espresso makes the chocolate pudding even more chocolatey.
- Puree tofu. Place silken tofu, cocoa powder, and sugar in a food processor. Puree until smooth, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add liquid. Add milk, orange oil/orange zest (if using), and orange liqueur (if using) to the chocolate and tofu mixture. Whisk together everything.
- Add gelatin. Microwave the bloomed gelatin from step 1 for 2-3 seconds to dissolve. Then, stir this into the chocolate tofu mixture.
- Let the pudding set. Pour the pudding mixture into your favorite molds and let them firm up in the fridge. It usually takes about 1 hour. Serve chill.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.