Clementine Chocolate Lava Cake
- 4 ounce chocolate bar (*)
- 2 egg
- 100 gram sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 clementine, zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- cocoa powder, to sprinkle (optional)
- clementine sections, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit (200 Celsius). Grease four 6 ounce ramekins and place on a baking pan (I use a half-sheet pan).
- Melt chocolate, either in a microwave, or with a double boiler method. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk egg, sugar, salt, vanilla, clementine zest, and olive oil until light and fluffy.
- With a spatula, fold in the melted chocolate. Once the mixture is uniform, divide into the four ramekins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. The top will look quite dry and you may notice a bit of cracks, but the inside should still be ooey gooey.
- To serve, dust with cocoa powder, and top with clementine sections. Alternatively, just enjoy the lava cake as is.
- (*) Try to choose chocolate bar with at least 60% cacao. You can use any of your favorite chocolate bar, not just the one from the baking aisle. Actually it will definitely be better if you choose one from the snack aisle.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.