Codonopsis & Red Dates Pork Ribs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic, bruised
- 2 inch ginger, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 kilogram shoulder pork ribs, cut into chunks
- 40 gram codonopsis root (Chinese: dang shen), washed and cut into 2" sections
- 20 red dates (Chinese: hong zhao), washed and drained
- 3 cups water (750 ml)
- 4 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch + 2 tablespoon water, mix together
- Heat oil in a wok over medium high heat and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant. About 1 minute.
- Add pork ribs and cook until no longer pink. Add codonopsis root and red dates into the wok.
- Pour enough water to cover all the ingredients (about 2-3 cups).
- Add light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and sugar. Bring to a boil, then cover the wok and simmer for 1 hour, or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the lid, turn the heat up and cook until liquid is reduced. Thicken the sauce with cornstarch mixture.
- Turn off heat. Serve hot with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.