Corn and Egg Drop Soup
- 1-2 (1 lb/450 gram) skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2 fresh corns, separate the cobs from the kernels
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 6 cups water/chicken stock
- 2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon Shaoxing wine/XO Cognac/brandy
- 4 tablespoon cornstarch + 4 tablespoon water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- sesame oil
- To separate corn kernels, place a small bowl/ramekin upside down inside a large mixing bowl, stand one corn and use a sharp knife to scrape off the kernels, the kernels will fall into the mixing bowl without making a mess.
- Place chicken breast, corn cobs, onions, and water/chicken stock in a soup pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Discard corn cobs. Shred chicken breast and return them to the pot. Add corn kernels, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add Shaoxing wine/XO Cognac/brandy and adjust seasoning if necessary. Pour the corn starch solution to thicken the soup. Turn off heat.
- Pour the eggs into the soup in a steady stream, and quickly stir in a clockwise direction until thin shreds are formed.
- Serve with thinly sliced scallions and several drops of sesame oil per serving.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.