Crab, Corn, and Asparagus Egg Drop Soup
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 500 gram crab meat
- 500 gram asparagus, chop into 1/2 inch pieces
- 500 gram whole corn kernel
- 4 tablespoon corn starch + 5 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoon Shaoxing (or 1 shot of X.O. cognac)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Accompaniments and garnish
- chopped scallions
- black vinegar (optional)
- Boil together chicken stock, ginger, crab meat, asparagus, and corn. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Return to a boil, add corn starch solution to thicken the soup, and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add Shaoxing, sesame oil, salt, and ground pepper. Mix well and adjust the amount of salt as needed.
- Turn off heat, then pour the eggs in a thin stream while stirring in a clockwise direction. Serve hot in soup bowls with chopped scallions and black vinegar.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.