Crackers Tape Goreng - Fried Fermented Cassava Crackers
- 16 square crackers
- 250 gram fermented cassava (Indonesian: tape), mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder (Indonesian: bubuk kayu manis)
- enough oil for deep frying
- Coating batter
- 50 gram all purpose flour (Indonesian: tepung terigu)
- 25 gram rice flour (Indonesian: tepung beras)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 50 ml water
- Mix together mashed fermented cassava and cinnamon powder. Divide into 8 portions.
- Sandwich 1 portion of the fermented cassava with 2 crackers. Repeat until you get 8 sandwiches. Set aside.
- Combine all coating batter ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Coat each sandwich with the coating batter and deep fry in hot oil until crispy and golden brown. Drain on wire rack/paper towel.
- Serve immediately with hot tea or hot coffee.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.