Crustless Spinach Quiche
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 onion, diced (~ 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (~ 1 cup)
- 1 cup diced sausage (or ham)
- 300 gram fresh baby spinach (~ 10 ounce), washed and drained
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 300 gram shredded Monterey Jack cheese (~ 3 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet/wok over medium high heat. Sauté onion and red bell pepper until onion is translucent. Add sausage/ham and cook for 1 minute.
- Add spinach, cover the skillet/wok, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the lid, and the spinach should be fully wilted at this time, cook a bit longer if not.
- Transfer the cooked ingredient to a mixing bowl and chill in the fridge to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius (350 Fahrenheit). Once the oven reaches the desired temperature, grease a 9" pie plate or quiche dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine lightly beaten egg, shredded cheese, and ground pepper. Add the cooked vegetables and sausage/ham to the egg mixture and fold really well. Pour this into pie plate/quiche dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.