Cumi Goreng Tepung - Fried Calamari
- 400 gram cleaned squid (start with 800 gram to 1 kg)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- bread crumbs
- Lemon wedges
- Clean the squid by pulling off the head and tentacles, then remove the plastic-like gill, and finally peel off the skin. To make squid rings, simply cut across the cleaned body.
- Marinate squid with lime, salt, and pepper for 15 minutes.
- Prepare a pot for deep frying.
- Coat squid with egg, then bread crumbs. Repeat one more time so we get a double coating.
- Deep fry squid for no more than 2 minute. Once it is golden brown, quickly remove from the oil.
- Serve immediately with mayonnaise and lemon wedges.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.