Daikon and Chicken Soup
- 1 free range chicken (Indonesian: ayam kampung), cut into 4-8 pieces
- 1 daikon, peeled and cut into sticks
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 inches ginger, peeled and bruised
- 1 liter water
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 stalks scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced, reserve the leaves for garnish
- Boil daikon for 10 minutes in a pot, drained and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pot, fry onion and garlic until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add chicken pieces and garlic and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add water, salt. and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until chicken pieces are cooked and tender.
- Add boiled daikon, scallion and celery and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Pour into serving bowls and garnish with celery leaves.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.