Dang Gui and Shiitake Chicken
- 1 free range chicken, cut into 4-8 pieces
- 3 dried shiitake mushroom, rehydrate overnight, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoon Chinese wolfberry fruit (Chinese: gou gi zi)
- 3 slices Chinese angelica root (Chinese: dang gui root)
- 10 dried jujube fruit (Chinese: hong zao)
- 250 ml water from re-hydrating the shiitake mushroom
- 2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (Chinese: Shao Xing Hua Tiao Jiu)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon corn starch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon oil
- In a cooking pot, heat the cooking oil and stir fry the chicken pieces for about 3 minutes.
- Add the shiitake mushroom, wolfberry fruit, angelica root, jujube fruit, Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, and salt. Stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle cornstarch mixture to the pot and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the liquid has thickened. Remove from heat and serve warm.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.