Homemade Dashi (Japanese Stock) From Scratch
- Wipe konbu kelp gently with a damp kitchen towel.
- Place konbu kelp and water in a pot over medium heat. Remove konbu just before the water boils.
- Add bonito flakes. When water boils, remove the pot from heat at once.
- When the bonito flakes sink to the bottom of the pot, strain through a fine-mesh sieve to obtain dashi stock. (*)
- (*) You may want to line the sieve with a cheese cloth if your sieve is not fine enough.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.