Dry Hayashi Beef Rice Bowl
- Dry hayashi beef
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 150 gram carrot, diced
- 1 onion, cut into 2 halves, dice one half, and thinly slice the other half
- 300 gram ground beef
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 cup beef stock/water
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoon tonkatsu sauce (or worcestershire sauce)
- 2 tablespoon sake
- Other ingredients
- steamed white rice (4 servings)
- 4 poached eggs/onsen tamago (soft-boiled eggs)/hard-boiled eggs
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet/frying pan. Sauté diced carrot and diced onion (reserve the sliced onion for later) until the onion is translucent.
- Add ground beef, corn starch, and 1/2 cup of beef stock to the skillet/pan. Stir to break the ground beef. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour the rest of the beef stock, along with tomato ketchup, tonkatsu sauce, and sake. Cook until the liquid is almost dry. About 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2" of oil in a small frying pan/pot. Once the oil is hot, fry the thinly sliced onions until golden brown and crispy. Remove fried onion with slotted spoon and place on a kitchen paper towel to remove excess oil.
- To assemble, divide rice into four serving bowls, top each with 1/4 of beef, one egg (season with salt and pepper), and 1/4 of fried onions. Serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.