Lekker Holland - Dutch Boterkoek
- 250 gram unsalted butter, room temperature
- 200 gram sugar (*)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250 gram all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk (for egg wash)
- almond slices (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit (180 Celsius). Grease an 8"x8" square cake pan, line with a parchment paper with overhang.
- Mix together butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt until pale and fluffy.
- Stir in all-purpose flour and fold with a spatula until homogenous. The batter will be stiff, almost like a cookie dough.
- Transfer batter/dough into the prepared pan, spread to cover the pan.
- Use a fork to make pattern on the top surface, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with almond slices.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from over. Wait until the cake is completely cool before removing from pan and cutting into slices.
- (*) Traditional recipe calls for 250 gram sugar, but I like this slightly sweet version better.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.