Easy Tender Baked Meatballs
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 500 gram ground beef
- 500 gram ground pork
- 1/4 cup Japanese panko (or bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat, sauté onion and salt until translucent and slightly caramelized. Add minced garlic and continue cooking until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, Japanese panko, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, parmesan cheese, and salt. Then, add in beaten egg and the cooked onion and garlic, and mix until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit, and brush a baking sheet (I use a half sheet pan) with melted butter. Set aside.
- Scoop out about 1 1/2 tablespoon of meat mixture (I use a medium size cookie scoop) and shape into a ball. Arrange shaped meatballs on prepared baking sheet. You should get about 36-40 meatballs.
- Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil, then bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the meatballs are fully cooked.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.