Ebi Dango no Sumashi-Jiru - Shrimp Balls Soup
- 300 gram shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon potato starch (片栗粉 katakuriko) (*)
- 100 gram enoki mushroom
- 5 gram dried wakame, soak in water to rehydrate
- 2 1/2 cup dashi
- 1 teaspoon sake
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- chopped scallions
- seven spice pepper (七味唐辛子 sichimitougarashi)
- Finely chop shrimp, add salt and potato starch. Mix well. Divide into 8 portions, form each into a ball. Cook in boiling water for 7 minutes, set aside.
- Cut away the root clusters of the enoki mushrooms, separate slightly. Parboil and set aside.
- Place dashi, sake, salt, mirin, and soy sauce in a pot. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Divide shrimp balls, enoki mushrooms, and rehydrated wakame into 4 soup bowls. Add hot soup broth, and garnish with chopped scallions and serve with seven spice pepper.
- (*) You can also use corn starch.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.