Enoki Miso Soup
- 1 packet enoki (7 oz/200 gram)
- 2 tablespoon dried wakame, soaked in cold water
- 1 packet (14 oz/400 gram) soft/silken tofu, cut into cubes
- 4 cups dashi stock (homemade, or 4 cups water + 3 teaspoon dashi stock granules) (*)
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoon) miso paste
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Chop off and discard 1 inch of the enoki root. Cut the enoki bunch into two halves lengthwise. Wash and drain.
- Bring dashi stock to a boil in a soup pot, then add enoki and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add soaked wakame and tofu cubes into the pot. Once the soup boils again, turn off the heat.
- Place miso paste in a strainer, then lower the strainer to the hot soup. Use a spoon to stir the miso paste until all the paste haste dissolved into the soup.
Note: Miso paste is full of health benefits, but the highly valued nutrients in miso paste will not survive high heat from cooking. So, always add miso paste to hot liquid and slowly whisk once the heat has been turned off.
- Serve the soup hot with thinly sliced scallions as garnish.
- (*) For vegetarian option, substitute with mushroom stock granules.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.