Fish and Century Egg Congee
4.0 from 1 reviews
Author: Anita Jacobson
Categories: One Dish Meal
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 45 mins
- 3 rice cooker cup (or 2 1/4 regular cup) rice, washed and drained
- 2 inch ginger, cut into 4-6 pieces, bruised each piece
- 15 cup (3.75 liter) water
- 750 gram tilapia, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 century egg, cut into small pieces
- salt, to taste
- thinly sliced scallions
- thinly sliced cilantro
- Place rice, ginger, and water in a soup pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, marinate tilapia with soy sauce, sesame oil, and ground white pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Once the congee reach your desired consistency, turn the heat to medium, add thinly sliced fish. Mix well. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add century egg, stir to mix well. Season with salt according to suit your saltiness preference. I usually under salt since my family like to add soy sauce when eating our congee.
- Serve the congee hot, garnished with scallions and cilantro.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.