Five Spice Chicken in Rice Cooker
- 4 chicken legs
- 4 scallions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 10 shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- Marinating sauce
- 2 inch ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- In a mixing bowl, rub the chicken legs with marinating sauce. Wrap the bowl with a saran plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Place the scallions and shallots at the bottom of a rice cooker pot. Place the chicken on top of the scallions and shallots, then drizzle with Shaoxing wine.
- Cook in rice cooker for 30 minutes, then switch to "warm" mode and wait another 5 minutes.
- Open the rice cooker lid (careful, there will be hot steam), and check if the chicken has fully cooked by inserting a tip of a small knife (or a skewer) into a chicken. If the juice is clear, the chicken is done. Otherwise, cook again for another 5 minutes until the juice runs clear.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.