Fried Tempeh with Chili Sauce
- 450 gram (1 lb) tempeh
- 2 inches ginger, peeled, and cut into match sticks
- 8 red chili, make diagonal slices
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon coconut palm sugar, or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- enough oil for deep frying
- Slice the tempeh into very thin slices, about 2 cm wide x 4 cm long x as thin as you can manage.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a pot/wok. Deep fry the tempeh for about 5-7 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towel. If your pot/wok is a bit small, you can do this in batches.
- In another pan/wok, heat about 2 tablespoon of oil on medium-high heat, stir fry the ginger until fragrant, then add the chili, lime juice, salt, and sugar and cook until sugar has turn to liquid and starts to bubble and caramelize.
- Add the fried tempeh and toss until all tempeh chips are fully coated with the sauce. Remove from heat and serve with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.