Garlic and Chili Sweet Sauce
- 200 gram red chilies, remove some or all seeds for a mild chili sauce (*)
- 1 head (~ 10 cloves) garlic
- 2 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste (from 10 gram tamarind pulp + 1/4 cup water, massaged into a paste and strain)
- 4 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- In a spice attachment for a blender (or food processor), grind together red chilies and garlic into coarse paste.
- Boil together the chili paste, water, tamarind paste, sugar, and salt. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Adjust salt and sugar as needed.
- Turn off the heat. Let it cool, then transfer to glass jar(s). Best if you let the chili sauce chill overnight in fridge before using.
- (*) You can use a combination of red color chilies, popular choice includes Fresno, cayenne, and bird eye. If you wish to start from dried chilies, wash and place in a saucepot and top with 1 inch of water. Boil and then simmer for 15 minutes to soften, drain and then use the same amount by weight.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.