Ginger and Scallion Chicken Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 inch ginger, peeled and cut into thin strips (julienned)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-5 bird eye chilies, seeded and chopped (Note 1)
- 5 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces, separate the white parts from the green parts
- 500 gram (~ 1 lb) skinless boneless chicken thigh/breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 250 gram (~ 8 oz) baby portobello mushrooms (Note 2)
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1/2 tablespoon light/regular soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- Garnish (optional)
- chopped cilantro
- chopped scallions
- Fry aromatics: Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat and sauté ginger, garlic, red chilies, and the white part of scallions. Stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Cook chicken: Add bite-size chicken meat into the wok and cook until no longer pink.
- Cook mushrooms and seasonings: Add mushrooms and all the sauce ingredients (light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, fish sauce, Shaoxing wine, sesame oil, salt, and pepper). Mix well, then cover the wok and cook for 3 minutes, or until the mushrooms wilt.
- Add scallions: Remove the lid and adjust the amount of salt and pepper as necessary. Toss in the green part of scallions, then quickly turn off the heat.
- Garnish and serve: Transfer the dish to a serving plate/bowl, garnish with chopped scallions and cilantro. Serve immediately with steamed white rice.
- (1) Substitute with cayenne or Fresno for a milder dish, or use bell pepper for a kid-friendly dish.
- (2) Substitute with white/brown button mushrooms, fresh/dried shiitake mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, or king trumpet mushrooms.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.