Green Beans and Ground Beef Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 red chilies (or 1 red bell pepper), seeded and sliced
- 450 gram (1 pound) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis)
- 4 tablespoon ketchup (Indonesian: saus tomat)
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 450 gram (1 pound) baby green beans, trimmed and cut into halves
- salt, to taste
- tapioca starch solution (1 tablespoon tapioca starch + 2 tablespoon water)
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high and sauté garlic and onion until the onion starts to wilt. Then add red chilies/red bell pepper and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add ground beef and stir until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add all the sauce ingredients (Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, oyster sauce, kecap manis, tomato ketchup, sugar, and ground pepper), and mix well.
- Add green beans and mix. Cover the wok with a lid, and cook until the green beans are al-dente. About 5 minutes if using fresh green beans, and about 8 minutes if using frozen green beans.
- Adjust salt and pepper as needed. Then thicken the sauce by adding tapioca starch slurry and stir until the sauce is thick.
- Turn off heat, transfer to a serving plate and serve with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.