Green Chili Pickle
- 250 gram (~ 9 oz) green chilies such as Serrano or Jalapeno
- Pickling juice (mix the following together)
- 1 cup rice vinegar/cane sugar vinegar/apple cider vinegar
- 100 gram (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the pickling juice by mixing rice vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir until all the sugar and salt dissolve. Set aside.
- Wash and drain green chilies. Remove the stalks and cut into 1⁄2 inch rounds. Set aside.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a pot. Turn off the heat once it boils. Add green chilies into the pot and soak them in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain well, and transfer the chilies into glass jars. I use three 8 oz. canning glass jars.
- Pour the pickling juice over the chilies to start the pickling process. Cover the jars and set aside.
- It is best if you can chill the green chili pickle overnight in the fridge before serving, though they can be served in as little as 2 hours if you are impatient.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.