Gyuuniku Sarada - Beef Salad
- 400 gram beef sirloin or tenderloin, thinly sliced and lightly blanched in boiling water
- 5 gram dried wakame seaweed, soaked in cold water
- 1/2 cucumber, julienned (*)
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 300 gram daikon, peeled and julienned
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sesame dressing
- 6 tablespoon white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 5 tablespoon soy sauce
- 7 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 100 ml dashi
- Grind toasted white sesame seeds in a mortar (or a food processor). Then mix with the rest of the dressing ingredients to make the salad dressing. Divide into four bowls.
- Arrange beef, wakame, cucumber, carrot, daikon, and tomatoes neatly on four salad plates/bowls. Serve with the sesame dressing on the side.
- (*) You can peel the cucumber if you wish.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.