Hijiki Tofu Chicken Meatballs
- Hijiki Tofu Chicken Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon dried hijiki seaweed, soak in plenty of cold water for 30 minutes, strained
- 1/2 block firm tofu (7 oz/200 gram), crumbled
- 200 gram ground chicken thigh meat
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon katakuriko (potato starch), or use tapioca starch/corn starch
- 1 teaspoon dashi stock granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Teriyaki Sauce (mix the following together, 2 tablespoon each)
- soy sauce
- Mix together all ingredients for hijiki tofu chicken meatballs.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a frying pan. Once the pan is hot, coat your hand with a bit of oil, then shape the meatball mixture into golf ball size, and drop into hot pan.
- Fry the meatballs until all sides are golden brown.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, add the sauce into the pan. Coat the meatballs with the sauce, and stop cooking once the sauce thickens and coats the meatballs.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.