Hoisin & Five Spice Broiled Chicken
- 8-10 (~ 1 kilogram) chicken drumsticks
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 3/4 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white/black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven broiler, and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle each chicken drumstick with salt, then arrange on the baking sheet.
- Mix together brown sugar, hoisin sauce, Shaoxing wine, five spice powder, pepper, sesame oil, and garlic. Divide this into two portions. We will use one portion for basting, and the other portion to coat the broiled chicken.
- Brush the top side of the chicken with basting sauce, then broil for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken to the other side, then baste the top side again with basting sauce. Broil for another 10 minutes. Your chicken should be cooked by the end of 20 minutes broiling time. If not, just broil again for a couple minutes longer.
- Remove broiled chicken from oven, then with a clean brush, give each chicken a coat of sauce that we set aside earlier. Arrange on a platter, sprinkle with sliced scallions, and serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.