Inche Kabin - Malaysian Fried Chicken
- 8-10 chicken drumsticks (or 16-20 chicken wings)
- enough oil for deep frying (Note 1)
- Marinating sauce
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 200 gram shallot (or onion)
- 3 lemongrass, white parts only
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 tablespoon corn starch
- Place all ingredients for marinating sauce in a blender and puree into a smooth paste.
- Transfer the marinating paste to a large gallon size ziplock bag, along with chicken drumsticks/wings. Marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Before frying the chicken, take them out from the fridge and return to room temperature.
- Heat one inch of oil in a pot for deep frying. Once the oil is hot (175 Celsius/350 Fahrenheit), fry the chicken until the skin is deep golden brown and the inside is fully cooked. It takes about 12-15 minutes for drumsticks and about 10-12 minutes for wings. (Note 2)
- Drain fried chicken on a wire rack over a baking sheet. Wait for 10 minutes before serving.
- (1) Use a high smoke point oil such as peanut oil, canola oil, vegetable oil, or vegetable shortening.
- (2) The best pot for frying chicken is a cast iron or a Dutch oven.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.