Indian Keema Ground Beef Curry
5.0 from 3 reviews
Author: Anita Jacobson
Categories: Main Dish
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 2 tablespoon oil (or ghee/butter)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 100 gram (~ 1 cup, or 1 small) diced onion
- 500 gram (~ 1 lb.) ground beef
- 3/4 - 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon each: garam masala, cumin, coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup water (or beef stock)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant, then add onion and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add ground beef, and stir to break up the beef. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add salt, cayenne powder, garam masala, cumin, coriander, and turmeric. Stir, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water (or stock) and mix well. Once it boils, reduce heat to a medium, use a lid to partially cover the pan, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce is almost dry.
- Turn off heat, stir in cilantro. Transfer to a serving plate and serve with rice, or flat bread.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.