Indian Keema Ground Beef Curry
- 2 tablespoon ghee/butter/olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 100 gram (~ 1 cup, or 1 small) diced onion
- 500 gram (~ 1 lb.) ground beef
- 3/4 - 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon each: garam masala, cumin, coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup beef stock/water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat ghee/butter/olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant, then add onion and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add ground beef, stir and cook until no longer pink. Season with salt, cayenne powder, garam masala, cumin, coriander, and turmeric, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stock/water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a medium. Cover partially, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce is almost dry. Turn off heat, stir in cilantro.
- It is common to serve Indian keema curry with steamed rice or flatbreads such as naan. You can also use pita bread or tortillas instead of naan.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.