Kangkung Tumis Terasi
- 1 bunch (500 gram/1.1 lb) kangkung/on choy/water spinach
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- thinly sliced red chilies, for garnish (optional)
- Spice paste (grind/puree the following ingredients)
- 2-5 red Fresno chilies, seeded
- 1-5 red bird-eye chilies, seeded
- 50 gram shallot
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried anchovies, toasted (Indonesian: ikan teri, Malaysian: ikan bilis)
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste, toasted (Indonesian: terasi, Malaysian: belacan)
- Wash and drain kangkung/water spinach, making sure that the vegetables are dry to prevent splattering. Cut into 3-4 inch sections. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Fry spice paste until fragrant, then add diced tomatoes and cook until wilted.
- Add kangkung/water spinach, water, salt, pepper, and sugar. Cover the wok and only open the lid once kangkung/water spinach has wilted. Stir to mix. Continue cooking until kangkung is tender and the sauce is slightly reduced.
- Turn off heat, transfer kangkung to a serving platter. Garnish with thinly sliced chilies (optional), and serve with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.