Kari Ayam Lengkuas - Galangal Chicken Curry
5.0 from 4 reviews
Author: Anita Jacobson
Categories: Main Dish
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 5 sprig curry leaves
- 1.5 kilogram chicken (I use a mixture of drumsticks and chicken breasts)
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 large potatoes (about 1 kilogram), peeled, cut into wedges, and fry in skillet until golden brown
- Spice paste (grind the following together)
- 15 gram dried red chilies, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes, drained
- 50 gram galangal
- 2 lemongrass, bottom white parts only (reserve the top green parts)
- 100 gram shalllot
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh turmeric (or about 2 teaspoon powder turmeric)
- Heat oil in a wok/pot over medium high heat and sauté spice paste until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry leaves, reserved green parts of lemongrass, and chicken into the wok, mix well and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add curry powder and chicken stock/water, mix well, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, season with salt, palm sugar, and fish sauce. Cover the wok/pot with a lid, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add fried potato wedges, mix well, cover the wok/pot again and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat, adjust salt/sugar as needed, and serve with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.