- 1 chicken, about 1 kg, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 lemon grass, bruised and chopped
- 3 bay leaf
- 600 ml water
- 100 ml thick coconut milk
- 100 gram snake bean (Indonesian: kacang panjang), chopped
- 100 gram carrot, peeled and chopped
- 100 gram potato, peeled and chopped
- Grind the following into spice paste
- 8 shallot
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 candlenut (Indonesian: kemiri)
- 2 inch galangal (Indonesian: lengkuas)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (Indonesian: ketumbar)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (Indonesian: kunyit)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder (Indonesian: jinten)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat 4 tablespoon oil in a soup pot and stir fry the spice paste, galangal, and bay leaf until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, let simmer, then add coconut milk and mix well. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and tender.
- Add snake bean, carrot, and potato and simmer for another 5-10 minutes, until the vegetable is cooked and tender. Remove from heat and serve with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.