Klapertart Bandung - Coconut Choux Cake
- 60 gram unsalted butter
- 200 ml water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 165 gram all purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 100 gram granulated sugar
- 100 ml milk
- 2 tablespoon rum
- 250 gram young coconut meat (fresh/canned)
- Preheat oven to 180 Celcius (355 Fahrenheit). Butter an 8"x8" pan and set aside.
- In a sauce pot, melt together butter, water, and salt. Take off from the heat.
- Add in the flour into the pot. Use a hand mixer to beat together until well mixed.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, and continue beating until well mixed.
- Add the sugar, and continue beating until well mixed.
- Pour in the milk slowly, continue beating, until well mixed.
- Pour in the rum, continue beating until well mixed.
- With a spatula, fold in the young coconut flesh into the batter. Mix well, then transfer to the prepared pan.
- Bake in the middle rack of the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes, until the edges and top is golden brown. The cake will rise while being baked, but it will deflate slightly once taken out from the oven.
- Cut into 16 squares, serve warm.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.