Korean Braised Tofu
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 packet firm tofu, cut into 16 squares
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon Korean chili powder (gochugaru)
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoon sake
- 1 scallion, cut into thin slices
- nanami togarashi (or use toasted sesame seeds), optional
- Place onion slices on a non-stick skillet/frying pan, then top with slices of tofu.
- Mix sugar, Korean chili powder, soy sauce, and sake together. Pour over tofu slices.
- Cover the skillet/frying pan with a lid. Turn the heat to high and cook until boiling. Turn the heat to medium-high, and cook for another 5 minutes, baste with the sauce a couple of times.
- Remove lid, turn the heat back to high, and cook until the sauce has reduced.
- Turn off heat, transfer to serving plate, garnish with scallions and nanami togarashi/sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.