Korean Spicy Pork Zucchini Stew
- 250 gram (~ 1/2 lb.) pork shoulder/pork belly, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon each: gochujang (chili paste), gookganjang (soy sauce for soup), gochugaru (chili powder)
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cup water
- 1 large zucchini, cut into sticks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon anchovy sauce/fish sauce, or to taste
- 2 teaspoon sugar, or to taste
- 1-2 scallions, thinly sliced for garnish (optional)
- Mix pork with gochujang, gookganjang, and gochugaru. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a sauce pot over medium heat. Add the seasoned pork slices and fry for 2 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Add onion and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add zucchini and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, or until zucchini is tender but still crispy.
- Add anchovy sauce/fish sauce and sugar, adjust amount to suit your taste.
- Turn off heat, transfer to serving bowl and garnish with sliced scallions.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.