Kwetiau Goreng - Stir Fried Flat Rice Noodles
5.0 from 6 reviews
Author: Anita Jacobson
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 3 mins
Total Time: 18 mins
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 25 gram yu choy sum (or other Chinese greens such as bok choy or gai lan), chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 gram bean sprout (Indonesian: taoge)
- 250 gram fresh flat rice noodles, or 150 gram dried flat rice noodles (*)
- 2 chives, cut into 1-inch sections
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Heat wok until hot and smoking on high heat. (Or medium-high if the smoke might trigger your fire alarm!)
- Reduce heat to medium-high, then add oil, swirl around to coat the wok.
- Add garlic, stir 30 seconds until garlic is golden brown.
- Add yu choy sum and salt, stir 15 seconds to lightly wilt the greens.
- Add flat rice noodles, mung bean sprouts, and chives, stir 1 minute.
- Add scallions, soy sauce, sugar, and ground white pepper. Stir only to mix.
- Remove from heat and immediately transfer to plates and serve.
- (*) For fresh noodles, rinse with boiling water to separate the strands. For dried noodles, soak in cold water for about 1 hour to soften.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.