Lemongrass Chicken Wings
- 30 pieces of chicken wings (I use 15 drumettes and 15 mid sections)
- Marinating sauce
- 100 gram shallot
- 3 lemongrass, white part only
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tamarind + 4 tablespoon water, strained
- 50 ml water
- Puree marinating sauce ingredients with a blender or a food processor into a smooth paste.
- Combine chicken wings and marinating sauce and let rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours, overnight is best.
- Option 1: Stovetop. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a cast-iron grill pan/skillet over medium-high heat, then cook the chicken wings until slightly charred. About 5 minutes per side.
- Option 2: Charcoal grill. Get your charcoal grill to operate on high heat. Cook each side of the chicken wings until slightly charred, about 5 minutes per side.
- Option 3: Oven. Preheat the oven to 220 Celsius/425 Fahrenheit, place a wire rack over a baking sheet, arrange the wings on the rack and bake for 30 minutes, flip as needed.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.