Cheng Teng - Longan and Snow Fungus Sweet Soup
- 1 dried snow fungus, soaked overnight until soft and puffed up
- 80-100 gram dried longan, soaked overnight
- 8-12 dried jujube fruits/red dates, soaked overnight
- 25 gram dried lotus seeds, soaked overnight
- 6 cups water
- rock sugar or palm sugar, to taste (optional)
- Cut off small pieces from the snow fungus with a scissor. Discard the yellow tough center.
- Place the snow fungus, longan, lotus seeds, jujube fruits, and water in a soup pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the snow fungus is soft, about 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours.
- Test for the level of sweetness and only add rock sugar/palm sugar if needed. Stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Turn off heat. Serve warm or chilled.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.