Lotus Root and Peanuts with Pork Ribs Soup
- 500 gram (~ 1.1 lb.) pork spare ribs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 section (about 400-500 gram / 1 lb.) fresh lotus root, peeled and cut into 1 cm (~ 1/2 inch) thick pieces
- 200 gram (~ 7 oz.) dried peanut, soaked for at least 2 hours, washed and drained
- 1 dried squid/cuttlefish, soaked for at least 30 minutes, washed and drained (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 liter (8 cups) water
- 2 tomatoes, cut each into quarters
- Boil a pot of water in a soup pot. Blanch pork for about 2 minutes. Drain the pork and discard the water.
- Return blanched pork to the soup pot, along with lotus root slices, peanuts, dried squid/cuttlefish (if using), salt, sugar, and water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pot with a lid, and simmer for 1 hour, or until the pork is fully cooked and the lotus root and peanut are tender but still crunchy.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 15 minutes.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.