Mango with Black Sticky Rice
- 2 cups black sticky rice
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
- 400 ml water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 pandan leaves, knotted
- 1 mango, cut into small bite size cubes/slices
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Washed and drained sticky rice, then soaked in cold water for at least 2 hours, overnight is best.
- Drain the sticky rice and place in a sauce pan, along with coconut milk, water, sugar, salt, and pandan leaves. Bring to a boil, then quickly reduce heat to a simmer and cook (uncovered) until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 45 minutes. Stir frequently, especially towards the end. Discard the pandan leaves.
- Transfer the sticky rice to a heat proof bowl, then place in a steamer and steam for 30 minutes until fully cooked.
- Transfer the sticky rice to 4 individual serving bowls/ramekins. Let cool completely.
- To serve, remove the sticky rice from bowl/ramekin into a serving plate. Serve each with 1/4 of mango and some toasted sesame seeds.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.