Matcha Pound Cake
- 2 cup / 240 gram / 8.5 oz all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon matcha (Japanese green tea powder)
- 2 sticks / 250 gram / 0.5 lb unsalted butter, room temperature (Note 1)
- 1 cup / 200 gram / 7 oz sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- mixer (hand-held or stand)
- 8.5-inch x 4.5 inch aluminum loaf pan (Note 2)
- Preheat oven to 175 Celsius (350 Fahrenheit). Grease the loaf pan with butter and dust lightly with flour to coat. Shake off excess flour, and set aside.
- Sift together all-purpose flour, salt, and matcha. Do this 3 times to ensure an even distribution of the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Cream butter with a medium speed until light, fluffy, and creamy. About 7-8 minutes.
- Add sugar in a thin steady stream and mix well. If you are using a hand-held mixer, you may want to add the sugar one tablespoon at a time. Once all the sugar has been added, cream together butter and sugar for another 3 minutes.
- Add egg, one by one, and mix well. It usually takes about 30 seconds per egg. Please make sure all the egg yolk is incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Add the dry ingredients (spatula option): Stop the mixer, then sift in about 1/4 of the dry ingredients and fold with a spatula until the flour is just incorporated. Repeat 3 more times with the remaining flour. Stop once there are no more dry bits of flour in the batter.
- Add the dry ingredients (mixer option): Reduce the mixer speed to the lowest setting. Add 1/4 of the dry ingredients and mix for a few seconds until incorporated. Repeat 3 more times. Make sure to stop the mixer immediately once the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake in the preheated oven for 65-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If the top of the cake is browning too quickly, be sure to tent the cake in the final 15 minutes of baking.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Run a thin blade along the edges to loosen the cake, then gently remove the cake onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store the cake wrapped in saran plastic for a day or two prior to serving. You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months.
- To serve, cut the pound cake into thin slices. Serve plain, with a sprinkle of confectioner's sugar, or with lightly sweetened whipped cream and fresh berries.
- (1) If using salted butter, be sure to omit the salt.
- (2) If using a darker color metal pan, be sure to check for doneness 10 minutes earlier. If using a glass pan, set the oven temperature to 165 Celsius (325 Fahrenheit), and bake for 10 minutes longer.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.