Matcha Steamed Buns
- 100 gram rice flour (Indonesian: tepung beras)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon matcha (green tea powder)
- 1 egg
- 50 gram sugar
- 80 ml milk (I've tried with cow milk, soy milk, and almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Prepare a steamer over medium high heat.
- Sift together rice flour, baking powder, and matcha. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together egg and sugar until sugar has fully dissolved with an electric mixer. Add milk and canola oil, continue mixing until well combined. Then add the sifted dry ingredients from step 2 and keep mixing until well combined.
- Pour the batter into silicon baking cups to fill each cup about 70% full, you should need about 5 standard size muffin cups. Steam for 12 minutes, then turn the heat off, and let the buns sit in the hot steamer for another 5 minutes.
- Carefully open the steamer lid so no water drops on the buns, remove the steamed matcha buns, and serve immediately with tea or coffee.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.