Mochi Sesame Seeds
- 135 gram glutinous rice flour
- 2 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 220 ml water
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Sesame seeds coating
- 50 gram ground toasted sesame seeds + 40 gram sugar (mix together)
- 50 gram ground toasted black sesame seeds + 40 gram sugar (mix together)
- To make the mochi: In a microwave proof bowl, whisk together glutinous rice flour, tapioca starch, water, and oil until smooth. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, take it out and knead (fold) with spatula for 1 minute. Microwave again for another 1 minute, and then knead (fold) until smooth.
- Transfer the cooked mochi on a parchment paper. With a plastic knife, divide into two portions. Cut each portion into bite size pieces. Let the mochi cools slightly until warm and comfortable enough to handle with your hands.
- Coat one portion of mochi pieces with plain toasted sesame seeds and sugar mixture. And coat another portion with black toasted sesame seeds and sugar mixture. Serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.