Mochiko Fried Chicken
- 2 pair of boneless skinless chicken breast, slice into bite size chunks
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoon mochiko
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Mix together eggs, soy sauce, mochiko, sugar, corn starch, garlic, ginger, and scallion in a mixing bowl to make the marinade.
- Toss in the chicken into the marinade to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Return chicken to room temperature prior to cooking. Meanwhile, heat 1" of oil over high heat until runny and shimmering, then reduce the oil to medium heat.
- Gently lower chicken pieces, one at a time, into the hot oil. Fry in batches (about 5-6 pieces) until both sides are crispy and golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place cooked chicken over a wire rack to drain excess oil. Serve hot.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.