Mun Tahu - Braised Tofu and Ground Chicken
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih), minced
- 1 inch ginger, thinly sliced
- 250 gram ground chicken
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken stock/broth (or Japanese dashi, or water)
- 1 block (340 gram) of silken tofu, cut into small cubes
- corn starch liquid (1 tablespoon corn starch + 2 tablespoon water)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat oil in a frying pan/wok and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add ground chicken, stir and cook until no longer pink.
- Season with fish sauce, oyster sauce, ground white pepper, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour water, stir to mix well, and bring to a boil.
- Add tofu cubes and mix well. Once it boils again, thicken the sauce with corn starch liquid.
- Turn off heat, add the sliced scallions and sesame oil. Mix well, then transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.